Post 1: A country you would like to visit

 

A place I want to visit since I was a child is India, more specifically the city of Agra, where the taj mahal is located.

At one point in my life I was very interested in architecture and the history behind each building. This is why I love this palace, which is made mostly of white quartz and combines elements of Islamic, Persian, Indian and even Turkish architecture.

The Taj Mahal was built as a mausoleum after the death of Emperor Shah Jahan's wife. The best builders, the best workers, the best jewels, the best stones. Everything was little for the resting place of his wife; even the course of the Yamuna River was diverted so that the Taj Mahal could be reflected in its waters. And there, after two decades of construction, in 1648, his beloved Mumtaz Mahal was buried. Years later, the emperor himself was buried next to her so that they could rest together eternally.

It is somewhat whimsical to want to travel to visit just one tourist attraction, but I am sure there are many more things about Indian culture that can enrich my life.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3: The Cringe

Post 7: An expert / person in your field that you admire