Post 5: A photo and its story

 


The image of the cherry tree reminds me of my childhood and the places where I was happiest, where when I woke up in the morning I saw its branches full of pink flowers and at night I saw how they moved with the wind through the window. It reminds me of my parents and my friends when I was little.

This tree not only brings back beautiful memories, but also brings me closer to a culture that I admire very much. In japan, it represents how ephemeral life can be. in fact, there is a word in japanese that describes the act of the soft falling of its petals: hanafubuki.

Also, for samurai warriors who lived with sincerity and inner beauty, the cherry blossom had a sacred value, as it represented the drops of blood shed in each of their battles, as well as the sacrifice of their life and its ephemerality.

The Japanese cherry blossom is part of a lifestyle where the priority is to have spiritual, mental and physical balance.

For this reason I would love to travel to Shinjuku Park and the Sumida River in Tokyo. 


Comentarios

  1. I really like the picture you posted and the interpretation you mentioned is very interesting, I had never heard it before.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really like the picture you posted and the interpretation you mentioned is very interesting, I had never heard it before.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi! I really like this post and picture, I love cherry tree, is very beautiful and its meaning in other cultures is very interesting.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3: The Cringe

Post 7: An expert / person in your field that you admire